The Ali Pasha Mosque is a complex built from 1560 to 1561. The mosque restored in 1894 was severely affected by Serb attacks during the Bosnian war. The building was finally rebuilt in 2004 and added to the list of national monuments in 2005.
The Cambridge Mosque, built between 2016 and 2019, is Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. Its structure is entirely made of timber and includes photovoltaic cells, an air heat pump, a sedum roof and a rainwater recovery system.
The Cologne Central Mosque was built between 2009 and 2017 after the design of architects Gottfried and Paul Böhm. The mosque, meant for the Turkish Muslim community of Cologne, has a contemporary yet recognisable Ottoman dome, whose transparency invites guests in its interior.
The Emperor's Mosque, built in 1462, is one of the first mosques built in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the first in Sarajevo. Throughout the history of the mosque, it has been modernized and renovated. During the Second World War and the war of the 1990s, the mosque, like many others, was damaged but was restored. It is a national monument of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Ferhadija mosque was built in the 16th century with a "kuttab" (school), a fountain and an "imaret" (public kitchen). These side buildings were unfortunately destroyed by successive fires (1697 and 1879), and the mosque was damaged during the Bosnian War (1992-1995).
The Ferhat Pasha Mosque was built in 1579. It is considered a masterpiece of Islamic architecture and is a national monument in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Destroyed in 1993 during the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina, it was rebuilt afterwards.
The Fethija Mosque was originally built as the Church of St. Anthony of Padua, a Gothic building of the thirteenth century. The mosque is considered the oldest Gothic building in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Gazi Husrev-bey Mosque, a landmark of Sarajevo, was built in 1531 in a classical ottoman architecture. The building is on the list of national monuments of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Great Mosque of Paris is one of the largest mosques in France and the first built on the metropolitan territory. It was inaugurated in 1926 to honour the Muslim soldiers who defended France during the First World War.
The Great Mosque of Brussels is first built in 1879 as an exhibition pavilion for the Austro-Belgian Panoramas Company. Constructed of durable materials, the building is destined to become an annex to the Royal Museums of Decorative and Industrial Arts. In 1967, the building is ceded to the Muslim Community of Belgium to establish a cultural and religious centre. The mosque is restored in 1975-1978.