St Mary's church stands on the site of much older places of worship. The first documented place of worship here was established by Sir Robert de Rockley in 1412. This was a private chantry chapel.
The Church of Saint-Paul, registered with the Historical Monuments, is located in Venas, in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region. The church is mentioned among the possessions of the Priory of Souvigny. During the Gothic period the nave was extended by a choir. The western portal dates back to the 14th century and the painted decorations date from the 19th century. There is a classified wooden statue of St. Roch dating from the seventeenth century.
St Bartholomew's church at Tong turned 600 years old in 2010. This notable landmark is often described as ‘The Westminster Abbey of the Midlands'.
Hentland was the Collegiate Church or monastery of St Dyfrig (alias Dubricius), the famous 6th century Bishop of Glywysing & Gwent. As such it is, even today, a popular place of pilgrimage.
The Chapel of Cosnay is nestled in the town of Lakes in central France. Referenced for the first time in 1155, it was part of a priory. Sold in 1793 as a national asset, it served as a dwelling before being left without maintenance. This Romanesque building is composed of a nave extended by a choir with a semi-circular chevet.
On the St. Elizabeth site was originally a simple Romanesque chapel belonging to the St. Elizabeth Hospital founded in the 13th century. In 1784, the chapel was demolished and the construction of the current building began in 1785 still as a chapel. In 1806, the Roman Catholic Archdiocese bought the building as a Catholic church, and undertook its partial reconstruction until 1903.
The Protestant Church of St. Sebaldus (after Sebaldus, the patron saint of the city), founded in 1225, is the oldest parish church in Nuremberg and its most important church.
The Frauenkirche was built between 1352 and 1362 as a Hall church. The church is famous for its 1509 mechanical clock, called "Männleinlaufen", still in operation.
The Sainte-Théodule chapel is located on the site of the ancient medieval town of Pont-en-Ogoz. The chapel, like the castle towers, was built in medieval times around the 13th century, and at the beginning of the 15th century, it was abandoned. In 1948, with the construction of the Rossens dam, the site was flooded and became an island in the Lake of Gruyère.
The Evangelical Lutheran Church St. Egidien, built in the eighteenth century, is the only baroque church in Nuremberg. It was preceded by a medieval monastery church.