The Trinity Church is concomitant with the building of the Porto City Hall. It was built during the first half of the 19th century and opened in 1841.
The construction of the Chapel of Souls or Chapel of Santa Catarina dates back to the late eighteenth century, when the brotherhood of souls and Chagas of San Francisco passed from the monastery of Santa Clara to the chapel of Santa Catarina. The building has about 16,000 "azulejos" on its exterior facade.
The Terceira do Carmo Order built the Church do Carmo between 1756 and 1768 in a Rococo Baroque style. It was listed as a National Monument in 2013.