Łańcut Synagogue

The Łańcut synagogue, built in 1761 on the site of a former wooden synagogue, is one of the most valuable monuments of Jewish religious architecture in Poland. Restored in the 19th century, the synagogue was burned down during the Second World War, destroying most of its interior. Rescued in extremis from demolition in the 1950s, the synagogue was restored in 1960 and is now used as a Jewish museum.

About this building

Other nearby buildings

By Henryk Bielamowicz - Praca własna, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=79120561

Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Archangel Michael, Haczów

The Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Archangel Michael is one of the oldest wooden churches in the south of Małopolska. Initially built in the 15th century, it was completely renovated and enlarged in the 17th century (bell tower, arcades, defensive rampart) after a devastating Tatar invasion. Abandoned after the Second World War, the building was restored in the 1980s and consecrated again in 2000.