Saint-Martial de Rudelle church

Saint-Martial de Rudelle church was founded in 1250 as a hospital chapel. The church acquired its fortifications in the 14th century, during the Hundred Years' War. Although outside the battle lines, Rudelle was plagued by mercenary looting. The fortifications were again used during the religious wars against the Protestant troops. Restorations were carried out on the church in the 1890s.

About this building

Other nearby buildings

Saint-Georges Church, Compains

The building, probably built by Saint Antoninus in the 13th century, also had later additions: the nave and the staircase adjacent to the crossing date back to the 15th century. The church was renovated in the 19th century.

Sauvegarde de l'Art Français

Chapel Saint-Martin de Rinhodes

The chapel Saint-Martin de Rinhodes is located in Ols-et-Rinhodes, in Occitanie (Midi-Pyrénées). The chapel was initially a parish church attached to the diocese of Cahors until the Revolution and then became a rural chapel dependent on the bishopric of Rodez. Construction dates from the 11th-12th century, and currently the east and west walls remain from the period, as well as the pinnacle arcade on the west gable. The two side chapels give it a curious Greek cross plan.

Wikimedia Commons

Church of Saint-Antoine

The church of St. Anthony is dedicated to St. Anthony, the Egyptian whose body was brought back from Constantinople to La Motte aux Bois in the eleventh century. It is thought that in the 13th century the Baron de Calvinet founded the commandery of the hospital order of Saint-Antoine de Viennois on the site of the current church. Wars of religion contributed to the destruction of the hospital, with only the chapel of the Commandery surviving Calvinist destruction and the Revolution.