Włodawa Synagogue

The Włodawa synagogue was built between 1764 and 1774 on the site of a former wooden synagogue. Burned during the First World War, desecrated during the Second World War, the synagogue served as a warehouse until 1970. In the 1980s, after extensive renovation work, a museum on the history and culture of Polish Jews was opened there.

About this building

Other nearby buildings

St. John the Baptist Cathedral

St. John the Baptist Cathedral is a fine example of Baroque in the Lublin region. It was founded by Jesuits in the 16th century, completed in 1625. After the dissolution of the order in 1773, the church slowly fell into ruin. In 1797, the temple served as warehouse for grain. After being named seat of the diocese of Lublin in 1805, the cathedral was restored several times during the nineteenth century (1821, 1878).