The Synaxis Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary is a wooden tserkvas built in 1838. It is an important monument of Boykos architecture. Its bell tower was built later in 1924.
The Uppsala cathedral is noted as being the tallest cathedral of the Nordic countries. It is the burial site of King Eric IX of Sweden and was the traditional coronational church for Swedish monarchs. The cathedral was built in the 13th century as a catholic church and became important during the Protestant Reformation as its chapels were converted into tombs for several Swedish monarchs. The church was built during the turn of the 13th and 14th centuries in a french gothic style. Its latest editions were its enormous spires, which were completed in the 18th century.
St. Kajetan Church in Munich, called Theatinerkirche, served as a monastery church of the order of Theatine. It was built from 1663 to 1690 on the model of the church of Sant'Andrea della Valle in Rome, dating back to the 16th century.
The Thomas Church in Katlijk is built with rose shops: bricks that are smaller than monastery mops. The current church dates back to 1525. On the north side of the church is a double bell tower seated on a gable roof. The bells are used for Sint-Thomasluiden (sounding bells between the 21 December and 31 December).
Timios Stavrou, built in the 14th century, is one of the painted churches of the Troodos World Heritage Site. Its interior is filled with frescoes from the Paleolian period (1261-1453).
The current building of the Timios Stavros Monastery dates from 1816 and replaces an old Byzantine church. Today, the monastery has a dual use, as a parish church and as a museum of Byzantine icons.
A small chapel dedicated to the unusual St Hulanus or Ulette, which was probably built before the medieval castle. It was constructed on top of the ruins of the Dark Age settlement.
The ruins of 13th century Titchfield Abbey, the last monastery of Premonstratensian canons to be founded in England, lie in the valley of the River Meon in south Hampshire.
Todmorden Unitarian Church has had a tumultuous and dramatic history, fitting of its grand and striking architecture. It is regarded as one of the finest examples of the Gothic Revival style of architecture. Built in 1865 by the three Fielden brothers in honour of their late father, MP ‘Honest' John Fielden. Fielden Snr was the mill owner responsible for the 1847 Ten Hours Act, limiting the hours worked by women and children in textile mills.
The Cathedral of Santa María, known locally as "Dives Toletana", dates back to 1226 during the reign of Ferdinand III, although Gothic contributions were made until the 15th century.