Gereformeerde Kerk
Oud-Vossemeer, NL
The Reformed Church of Oud-Vossemeer was established as the "Reformed congregation under the cross" on April 24, 1836. The name of the church was changed twice, namely in 1869 to the Christian Reformed Church and in 1892 to the Reformed Church of Oud-Vossemeer. In the more than 150 years of its existence, the congregation has had three buildings at its disposal. Since July 1851, people met in the "building for religions" and on July 10, 1871, a church building with a parsonage on the Achterweg, the current Hofstraat, was put into use. The church building was demolished in 1975 and on January 24, 1976, the current church building was put into use. The construction was partly made possible by the efforts of dozens of volunteers from the congregation. The first service was held on Christmas Day 1975.