Onze Lieve Vrouw van Lourdes
Kopstukken (Mussel), NL
The small reclamation village of Kopstukken, southeast of Stadskanaal, originated in the nineteenth century. Mainly Roman Catholic peat workers from Germany settled there. Initially, they attended church in surrounding villages such as Musselkanaal. After the Second World War, the village got its own parish and in 1949 an emergency church was built. This emergency church was demolished in 1962 to make way for the new construction of the current modern church designed by JAA Dresmé.