Originally part of a much larger building, which was destroyed by fire (probably in the time of Cromwell), the tiny church of The Good Shepherd was rebuilt from the original chancel.
The Greek Catholic Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin was built in 1759 in Uhrynów (Ukraine) and transferred to Tarnoszyn (Poland) in 1904. In 1994, it was acquired by the Greek Catholic parish of Lublin. In 1997, it was carefully restored in the Open Air Village Museum in Lublin, where it is now.
The church of the Holy Family began its life with the estate of Blackbird Leys. The church, designed by Colin Shewring, was built and dedicated in 1965. It is one of the most distinctive buildings on the estate and in Oxford, with its curved walls and roof.
Very soon after the Second World War was declared many Italian Soldiers were captured in North Africa. Over 1000 prisoners were transported to Orkney to assist with the construction of the Churchill Barriers being built to make Scapa Flow, the base for the home fleet more secure, following the sinking of HMS Royal Oak with the loss of over 800 British sailors.
The Lord's Ark church was built in the years 1967-1977 according to the plans of the architect mgr. Eng. Wojciech Pietrzyk. The roof of the building makes the church look like not only the arch but also the chapel of Ronchamp, designed by Le Corbusier.
The monastery of Panayia Hozoviotissa, dating back to the 11th century, is one of the oldest and most important ecclesiastical monuments in Greece. It is located on Mount Profitis Elias, 300 meters above the Aegean Sea.
The Monastery of Metamorphosis tou Sotiros was built probably in the early 17th century. Today, there remains only the church, renovated in the 19th century after the siege of the island by the Ottomans, in search of Ali Pasha who had taken refuge on the island (1740-1822).
The New Room in Bristol is the oldest Methodist Chapel in the world (originally built in 1739) and the cradle of the early Methodist movement. It was built and used by John Wesley and the early Methodists as a meeting and preaching place and the centre for helping and educating poorer members of the community.
The Old Synagogue, funded in the 15th century, is one of the oldest preserved synagogues in Poland. Until 1939, it played the role of a central synagogue, the main religious, cultural, social and organizational centre of the Krakow Jewish community. Since its restoration in the 1950s, it is a part of the Historical Museum of Kraków.
The Piarist Church is a sacred complex, along with the adjoining monastery of the Piarists. The late Rococo church was built in 1718-1761, and has clear references to the church of the Gesù, the mother church of the Jesuits.