Heilige Jozef
Melissant, NL
The St. Joseph Chapel in Melissant was put into use on 14 November 1900. Until then, the Roman Catholics of the village had to rely on the parish church in Middelharnis. The construction of the chapel and residence was financed by the diocese of Haarlem, under which the South Holland islands belonged at the time, from a legacy received from the estate of Baron RHI van Brienen and from several creations. This church is listed as a National Monument of the Netherlands.