The Church of the Mother of God stands in one of the holiest place of Slovenia: Svete Gore (Holy mountains). The “Holy Mountains” have the earliest Christian buildings of the countries and is still a pilgrimage centre for Slovenians. The church of Mary was first mentioned in 1265 as Monte Sancte Marie. The current building on the site is from the 17th century.
The Church of the Synaxis of Archangel Michael is a wooden tserkvas from the Transcarpathian region. Built in the 18th century, St. Michael is one of the most original buildings in Boykos architecture. Near the church is a bunk bell tower from 1927.
Originally part of a much larger building, which was destroyed by fire (probably in the time of Cromwell), the tiny church of The Good Shepherd was rebuilt from the original chancel.
The Greek Catholic Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin was built in 1759 in Uhrynów (Ukraine) and transferred to Tarnoszyn (Poland) in 1904. In 1994, it was acquired by the Greek Catholic parish of Lublin. In 1997, it was carefully restored in the Open Air Village Museum in Lublin, where it is now.
The church of the Holy Family began its life with the estate of Blackbird Leys. The church, designed by Colin Shewring, was built and dedicated in 1965. It is one of the most distinctive buildings on the estate and in Oxford, with its curved walls and roof.
Very soon after the Second World War was declared many Italian Soldiers were captured in North Africa. Over 1000 prisoners were transported to Orkney to assist with the construction of the Churchill Barriers being built to make Scapa Flow, the base for the home fleet more secure, following the sinking of HMS Royal Oak with the loss of over 800 British sailors.
The monastery of Panayia Hozoviotissa, dating back to the 11th century, is one of the oldest and most important ecclesiastical monuments in Greece. It is located on Mount Profitis Elias, 300 meters above the Aegean Sea.
The New Room in Bristol is the oldest Methodist Chapel in the world (originally built in 1739) and the cradle of the early Methodist movement. It was built and used by John Wesley and the early Methodists as a meeting and preaching place and the centre for helping and educating poorer members of the community.
The New Synagogue of Žilina was built between 1929 and 1931 as a modernist version of Rachel's tomb near Bethlehem. Abandoned after the Second World War, the synagogue had several functions: theater, concert hall, cinema. From 2012 to 2017, the building has been restored and is now an art museum.
The Old Synagogue, founded in the 15th century, is one of the oldest preserved synagogues in Poland. Until 1939, it played the role of a central synagogue, the main religious, cultural, social and organizational centre of the Krakow Jewish community. Since its restoration in the 1950s, it is a part of the Historical Museum of Kraków.